Friday, May 11, 2007

Simplify, Schmiplify

We're holding our house Open to possible buyers in a week, so we've been busy scrubbing the floors, making the furniture smell nice, and putting into boxes the things we don't use everyday. Those of you who have been following along for a few months will know that I expressed excitement about the chance to simplify my life. Well, so much for that. Last night, as I boxed up items from the bedrooms, I placed boxes into two piles. On the west side of the hall were the boxes I definitely want to keep. On the east, I piled the boxes of garbage, recycling and donations.

Sadly, there were many more boxes on the west.

Maybe its good that I started with the girls' bedrooms. They are relatively new rooms, and haven't had the years to accumulate stuff piled in corners. The stack of the boxes on the west side of the hall will hopefully serve to inspire me. Maybe as I clean out the closets this afternoon, I'll end up with more boxes on the east.

As far as China updates go, there are none. We've still heard nothing. Soon we'll start making out own decisions - purchasing airfare, arranging accomodations, setting up shipping. Since Uncle H-- is unwilling to provide parameters, I suppose he'll just have to live with what we decide.

No comments: