Sunday, May 29, 2011

Home

We've been in the house for a little over a week. We had no furniture, dishes or internet access for most of that time. Two days ago, everything arrived - the internet, cable and local phone were installed and connected to our new TV. The boxes came from China, and the furniture came from St. Louis. For the first time in nearly 4 years, all of our things are together under one roof. And that makes for a pretty crowded little house. And really, a pretty stressful week for everyone.

Dave put the girls to bed tonight. I walked up 30 minutes later, because I heard chattering.

Lilly: I couldn't sleep. I was waiting for you to come and give me a good-night kiss.

Mommy: Oh, I'm sorry, baby.

Lilly (giving me a big hug): Its okay, Mommy. I know you're busy.

Mommy: I'm working really hard, trying to make this house into our home.

Lilly (inside the big hug): Its already out home, Mommy.

Mommy (small smile, and feeling of reassurance): Oh, I'm so glad, Lilly.

Lilly: Its just a really bad one.

Its not actually such a bad house. In fact, its a very cute little house in a well-located and charming neighborhood. I think she's going to like it a lot, once it is no longer overwhelmed by boxes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats so funny, I was laughing out loud. Kids really do say the honest truth.