Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Abu Dhabi or Bust!

The things I do for my husband and my children. The girls and I will board an airplane taking off at 4:45 on Thursday afternoon. We will sit on that airplane for 9 hours, until it eventually lands at the Dubai Airport in the middle of the night. A crew of sleepy little girls will exit the airplane, and I will maneuver them through immigration and customs alone, meeting Dave and a taxi on the outside. From that point, we'll have about an hour ride before we reach Abu Dhabi. And if we're lucky, we'll all sleep a bit late on Saturday morning.

We'll stay until Thursday night, when the girls and I will again travel overnight and alone. This time we'll eventually arrive at home, which always helps. But we will also arrive in Hong Kong at 6:00 in the morning, making for probably a very long day.

Still, I'm feeling strangely calm about the whole thing. Possibly peace? We have a bassinet confirmed for both legs of the trip, so Annika needs neither her own seat or my available arms at all times. She will fall asleep at almost exactly 6:45pm and likely bother no one again until morning. Lilly has become a pro at flying, and with the books I'll load onto the iPad, I doubt I'll hear a peep from her the entire time. That leaves Sophia and I to keep each other company, and I've certainly kept worse company in the past. We'll enjoy your prayers, as I have certainly named the best case scenario. But I feel we're traveling at this sweet spot, while Lilly and Sophia have gotten good at flying and before Annika gets bad at it.

Wish us luck! (And seriously - how cool that we're going to Abu Dhabi?!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful time . . . we will be praying for you all. Love you so much.
mom