Thursday, November 12, 2009

Rats!

Well, we sort of expected it.

Tuesday night, as I lay in bed reading, I heard some noise downstairs. Worried about burglars or sleepwalking kids, I went down to check. All seemed in order.

The next morning, Lynne found teeth marks in the butter. And Wendy found a half-eaten apple.

We put out a trap last night. Apparently we should have had Wendy help. We used cheese (just like in the cartoons, right?). Apparently Chinese rats, like most Chinese people, don't particularly like cheese. Wendy said pork would work better. We'll see.

So this morning I came down and ate breakfast on the couch. Hearing a noise, I looked over and saw a long tail scurrying up the wall.

So the exterminators gave a bid today and should return tomorrow to begin the extermination. This is China.

No comments: