Sunday, November 15, 2009

There's a Baby in There!

I visited my OB on Thursday morning. She ran various little tests - blood work, disease scans, urinalysis, asked some questions. And she did an ultrasound. It seems that in China, ultrasounds happen at the drop of a hat. Unlike in the states, where a girl is lucky to get 2 in the course of her pregnancy. Here, I had a 13 week visit and so I had a 13 week ultrasound.

And oh my goodness - there is really a baby in there!


With my previous pregnancies, I had a big ultrasound at about 22 weeks. This was an amazing time for me. We saw the baby for the first time, and we learned the gender. The sickness of pregnancy became the development of a child. With this picture, the pregnancy became a child that much sooner. And the amazing thing about a 13 week ultrasound is that we're still in the 1st trimester, and so the entire child can be seen in one picture. Were this picture less pixalated, you could see his head, his body, his arm and both of his legs. That's a little baby in there!

And the results of the survey:
The folks at Uncle H-- were 4 for 4, and we were 2 for 2.
But those of you who posted were 20 right, 10 wrong, 1 uncertain and 1 person with twins!

That gives us states of 26 right out of a sample size of 36 babies. They may not be 50/50, but with such a small sample size I'm still comfortable with our odds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun to see this picture! We are so excited about your new little one . . . whoever he or she is!
Love you. mom

Unknown said...

Amazing! Such a miracle...