Friday, September 10, 2010

Moving Day, 4

I am far too exhausted and smelly to string together many coherent words this evening. I'll stick to the basics. I received the keys to our house this morning, and the movers dropped our boxes off at 2:00 this afternoon. We will finish packing the hotel tomorrow morning, and be finished with this place by noon. Begrudgingly, they did verbally agree to pay the movers cost - but this evening we find our room smelling heavily of smoke. Its hard to tell if we're being punished, or if we should simply be glad to leave a place with such poor ventilation.

Either way, I'll be sleeping well tonight, and breathing clean air in my own house for the next few months. I walked home through the nightly thunderstorm, and am about to collapse into my chair.

No comments: