Thursday, July 14, 2011

Mental Health Update

After the dour tone my posts likely took last month, I thought it best to update y'all on my mental health.

June was rough.  Dave traveled a lot; Annika and I spent too much time in the car, ferrying between schools; and I didn't spend nearly enough time with any friends.

July has been much better.

Dave's hours have improved, to where he's home by 6:30 most nights.
School is out, and we spent our time closer to home, exploring our community.
I've gotten to know one more friend in the last month, but I've also been smarter about planning my time.  Well, and I've had more control over my time, what with the end of school and all.  I've not been so alone.
My parents visited, which was great - especially for the girls.

Taking the weight of the adoption off my shoulders helped a lot, too.  My life feels under control again, as does our future.  Dave worries I'll regret that decision someday, but at this point I feel both peace and relief.

July has been a good month.  Will spend August in the Midwest.  September will bring the beginning of school, new friends and new routines.  I'm looking forward to it, and feeling at home.

No comments: