Thursday, February 22, 2007

Decision Made, part 2

The previous posting was taken from an email written last week, just as the decision had been made. Since then, Dave has notified all involved and the ball is now rolling. Timing is less than perfect - we're getting the ball rolling during Chinese New Year, so immediately we're stalled. But to belabor the metaphor, at least the ball is out of our hands.

I've felt all along that this was more Dave's decision than mine. As a stay-at-home mom, I'll do the same things in one place or another. But now that the decision is made, so many thoughts are constantly racing through my mind.

What is the process now?

What do I need to do before selling our house?

How will I keep my children heathy?

How much of my home will I bring with me?

How will I make any friends?

How will our children know their family?

I could go on, and that's the point of this. This is a unique project we're embarking upon, and our hope is that people want to know about it. So here is where I will record our changing lives. The processes we go through in moving, and the answers I reach to my many, many questions. The changes in our lives as my girls grow in a foreign land.

Please understand the craziness that is living with two little girls, and forgive the sporatic postings that undoubtedly will occur. But please do check in with us occasionally, and feel free to comment or send your thoughts to us directly. This is our dialogue with all of our loved ones - please feel free to join the conversation!

No comments: