Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Incremental Change

After an internet crash moments ago, I'm not sure I have the energy to re-write this posting. I'll give it my best shot, but please be sparing in your judgment :)

Over ice-cream this evening, my friend Janet pointed out that we know quite a bit more than we did a week ago. The offer letter was vague, but it still provided quite a bit of information. What's more, Dave discussed it with a few of his advisors and we've come to realize that vague can work to our advantage. We were reading the letter as an all-inclusive contract. And while there are certain things that ought to be addressed before he signs on the dotted line, we should feel comfortable leaving some things open ended.

I would like to have the date we fly solidified fairly soon. Once I purchase plane tickets, arrange shipping and temporary housing, things will be in place and I can focus on packing and moving my family, details be damned. I'm sure that will come soon, and the rest can fall into place as it will.

No comments: