Friday, February 14, 2014

Our Good Girl

Little Annika is 3 and 1/2 years old, and she is about the best little girl you'll ever meet.  She's well behaved and has a sweet disposition, but she's also outgoing and very funny.  She'll introduce herself to people without hiding behind my legs, and frequently she will use the wrong name just to be silly.

But the past few days have been exhausting.  She's fighting a tiny little cold, and she's not getting her naps in.  Her sisters have been home all day because of the snow, and so we've all been moving nonstop.  And poor little Annika is getting very tired.  As a result, her behavior has been less than perfect this morning.

On our way back from the park for a nap this afternoon, she said sadly to me, I wish I was a grown-up.

Why do you wish that? I asked.

Because grown-ups never yell and scream, and so I would never yell and scream and I would always be a good girl.

Even on her bad days, she still surprises me by how good she is!

No comments: