Tuesday, March 04, 2014

In the Past Five Years

My brother-in-law Ben, ever the sentimentalist, pointed out to me today that Dave passed his Foreign Service Exam exactly five years ago.  That being the beginning of this particular journey, I thought it'd be fun to do a quick run-through of this journey to date.


On March 4, 2009...
...we lived in Shanghai, China;
...Lilly was 3 years old and going to preschool at The Wonder Center;
...Sophia was 2 years old and staying home with me and Wendy, our ayi;
...we had just submitted our paperwork to adopt our 3rd child, a daughter from China.

In the five years since then...
...Lilly and Sophia have attended 5 different schools;
...we have lived in 4 different cities and 2 separate countries;
...we have called 6 different addresses our home;
...Dave has studied 3 entirely different languages;
...we terminated that adoption;
...and Annika was born.

I'm hoping that none of these numbers doubles in the next five years.

No comments: