Wednesday, September 28, 2016

I Can't Even

The plumbers arrived this afternoon within their designated window, which felt like a real win.  They brought a hot water heater that seems to function.  Hot water now streams from the faucets in my bathroom, and water no longer gushes through the ceiling - a route that would be easier now than before, because it has collapsed since the water leak first began a few weeks ago.

I asked the plumber to show me the functioning hot water bathroom.  This is what I saw.

This is the floor just inside the bathroom door.  These dirty footprints go through my bedroom, down my stairs, and out my front door

This is the filthy ledge of the tub immediately underneath the hot water heater, where the two plumbers were standing.

This is the large chunks of ceiling which collapsed into the tub.


As I surveyed the mess, the plumber said housekeeping.  He knows I don't speak Hindi.  I know he doesn't speak English.  We both know that my housekeeper is away.  So I'm left to wonder - is he telling me that someone will come and clean up this mess?  Or is he telling me that I ought to change into my grubby clothes because I've got a lot of work to do?

Postscript:  I'm writing from the floor of my girls' bedroom because it is now the only room in the house with functioning wifi.  Its too early for a bourbon, so I've ordered a salad instead.  It will be made fresh for me and then delivered to my door for just over five US dollars.  I'm not sure what will happen with the bathroom, but I've gamely closed the door and am looking forward to the arrival of my lunch.  And possibly also someone who will clean the massive mess.

1 comment:

insight said...

India! Yup that is normal...