Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bangkok, Wednesday afternoon

Lesson learned today:

It's cheaper to buy new clothes in Bangkok than to have the old ones laundered at the Marriott.

This morning she cried at waking, for about an hour. She cried during most of breakfast, because she saw a bottle. She did not cry at all in the Kid's Club. She cried through most of lunch because there was too much medicine is one of her bites. She cried until naptime, tired.
Now she's been crying for about 10 minutes because I won't give her the pen I'm using. Inconsolable. Undistractable. And I hate that I can turn on her so quickly and feel an entire lack of sympathy, a coldness toward her when she launches into these long fits. Because as soon as pleasant S-- returns, I want to play and snuggle and talk. But a few minutes of a fit, all I can do is walk away.

No comments: