Monday, February 25, 2008

Heading Out

I've received a few complaints over the past few days about the dearth of new postings on this website. My sincerest apologies to those who are left without their regular dosage of drama. But I would like to politely remind you that I have been on vacation.

That's right. The trips to Bali and Bangkok do not count as vacation. Those are traveling, and take a lot of effort. Those trips were hard work. One month in the United States - that's a vacation.

The food is all fantastic - we know exactly where to go for our favorites, and those meals have been surrounded by our family and friends' home cooking.

The company can't be beat - we have been constantly surrounded by some of our favorite people in the world.

The childcare is world class - we have stayed with Grammy and Grandpa and with Nana and Papa. We have not thought twice about leaving our children behind, whether for an appointment, a quick run to Target or a week in London. Our hearts and minds have been at rest knowing that our children have been constantly safe and surrounded with love.

The living is easy - I drive a brand new mini-van. I know where to purchase what I need at what I like to pay. The restaurants have kids' menus and plenty of high chairs. The washers have amazing capacity and the drivers work like magic. And Nana and Grammy clean up after the frequent spills and messes. I tell you what - if having an ayi is anything like living at my Mom's house, I am in 100%.

The past 4 weeks have been an amazing vacation. The type of vacation where, when you've reached the last day of your trip, you are ready to go home. It was a wonderful vacation and I enjoyed every minute of it. But it'll be nice to sleep in our own beds and run on our own schedules. I am amazed to feel this way, but it will be good to be home.

No comments: