Monday, June 22, 2009

Booked

With our friend Doug borrowing one of our computers, we've been spending a lot of time online this evening.  And now we're fully booked.

My camera and I are coming home for Michelle's wedding - a beautiful few days spent in the Midwestern fall with many close friends.  Flights booked:
Via Chicago, I arrive in St. Louis at 9:05pm on Tuesday, Sep. 8.
Via Chicago, I leave St. Louis again at 8:00am on Sunday, Sep. 13.
And the best part?  Frequent flyer miles bought my tickets, and so I'm able to fly business class on the way back.  Good thing, too - because I've got to go back to "work" immediately upon my return.  At least after this international flight, my kids will sleep through the night!

Our friend Doug - previously mentioned as a candidate for the US Foreign Service - came over this evening to register for his interview.  He will stand for his Oral Exam on Wednesday, July 22 in Washington, DC.  Sadly, none of our mutual friends moving to DC over the summer will have yet arrived.  Its probably best, really - no one to distract him from this interview.  He will leave Shanghai on July 18th and will arrive back home on the 23rd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there any chance of you spending any time with us? We'd love to see you! Love you so much. Mom