Friday, November 26, 2010

Earthquake!

While Sophia spent a quiet afternoon playing in the living room just last week, we felt (and heard) a boom. We looked at each other, commenting on what a big truck must have gone by. Amusingly, it never occurred to us that our little road couldn't possibly hold a truck large enough to shake our living room. We live on more of a glorified path than an actual street. Still, we shook our heads and thought nothing of it.

Until we learned, later that afternoon, that we had experienced an earthquake! The earthquake measured 2.8 on the Richter scale and the epicenter is rumored to be in Shenzhen Bay - quite near our home.

I'll admit - I was wound up excited when I learned the news. Now I can cross Experience an Earthquake off of my To Do List.

No comments: