Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Exhausted

End of the day, and I've got nothing left. Its not just this Living-Without-A-Housekeeper business. I can handle doing my own laundry and washing my own dishes. Not going to the gym is a little rough, but otherwise we're making it without an ayi just fine.

No, its just moving. Moving is exhausting - and especially moving with a family. My rather well-balanced children have moved into bi-polar territory, swinging wildly from lovable and easy-to-please to miserable and hating everyone. Just keeping their company is exhausting. But add in how often I get lost trying to find my way around Northern Virginia, negotiating new doctors, dentists and public school medical forms, the lack of exercise, and the horrible food we've been eating lately, and I've come to a body which seems to be falling apart.

Okay, so maybe its not just moving. Its moving internationally, with young children, over the age of 30. And the possibility of slouching on the couch with the television on and ice-cream in hand once the kids are in bed, well, that's not really helping.

The girls begin school next week. A few weeks later, I look forward to everyone feeling more settled and confident. A real routine, with other people who like them, will help dramatically. Until then, I hope you won't expect any sparkling prose. Because I am shot.

No comments: