Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The School Update

I contacted the girls' school in Jakarta, and I received a very prompt answer.  Today was a good day.

This is no coincidence.  Lately, I've been emailing the school or someone in the community with a question about the girls being admitted to separate campuses.  It seems that I send the email overnight, and then I receive the reply in the morning.  I wake refreshed and ready to face the day, and then I read the email and feel worried and confused all over again.

But last night I sent an email to the registrar at 8:15pm, and I received a reply by 8:45 in the evening.  Hooray!  And not only did I receive a prompt reply, but she wrote with good news.  Word is that Sophia will retain her spot at the further campus, but is on the waiting list at Lilly's campus.  When asked, the registrar informed me that she is #2 on the wait list.  This feels like good news to us.  Two is a high number at any school, but especially at an international school.  Businesses can move people quickly, diplomats need to go home unexpectedly, families were waiting on word somewhere else before pulling out of their spot.  It seems entirely possible that they would accept 2 kids off of the wait list.

So, here's my plan.  I will pray every day that Sophia be moved to Lilly's campus.  I will also continue to pray that God is preparing the perfect teacher, school and classmates for each of my girls - and that nothing get in the way of that.  I'm reading over Philippians 4 this evening,
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Here's how I read that verse.  Tell God everything that you want - the worst He can give you is His peace.  

No comments: