Friday, November 28, 2008

Living the High Life

We live on the tenth floor of our building. Only a guest bedroom wall is shared with another apartment - all other walls have windows and receive the wind's strong lashings. So when I sat in the red chair in the girls' room yesterday, I thought I must be losing my mind as I clearly heard a man singing. A simple tune from a clear voice, although a bit muffled - as if in the next room. I turned nervously, afraid that the singing existed only in my head.

When I turned, I saw feet hanging over the top sill of the window.


A man tied to a building-long rope hung along our window, washing the walls of the building. The girls climbed onto their window seat to watch this action and wave at this amazing man. They remained transfixed until he had dropped out of their range of vision.

No comments: