Friday, October 31, 2008

On My Own

The train leaves at 11:20 this morning for Ningbo. I don't really know what's in Ningbo, and I'm pretty suspicious about train travel in China. But I'm still excited about stepping onto that train. Because I am stepping on that train without any children.

Most mothers, probably most parents can identify with this. I love my children, and I truly enjoy spending most of my waking and sleeping hours in close proximity with them. But it has been ages since I've spent longer than 3 hours away from them. This weekend, a friend and I are leaving our children behind from 11:20 on Saturday morning until Monday afternoon. And I could care less what Ningbo holds - I know it doesn't hold any kids, and so I'm excited!

**In the interest of full disclosure, I will reveal that my friend is bringing along her 7 month old, who is still nursing. Still, if this kid isn't running around or getting bored, I figure she hardly counts. Besides which, she's not my kid!

No comments: