Thursday, October 29, 2009

Another Writer in the Family

Lilly wrote a story this evening. I mean, she conceived of the story, she decided upon the letters, and she wrote it herself.

If we had a scanner, I would show it to you.

Here is what she wrote:

LILLYWORNECLSTOSHONTLPAWFHRSOCMO.

Allow me to add some vowels and spaces:

LILLY WORe a NECklaSe TO SHOw aNd TelL and PlAyed WiF HeR SOCk MOnkey.

We had brunch with her teacher from last year, the amazing woman behind The Woman Center. She encouraged Lilly to be a brave writer, coming up with her words and letters all by herself to tell a story. Lilly took those instructions fully to heart, and wrote a story. I am a proud Mama tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grammy is so proud of you Lilly! I love you so much and wish I could give you a big hug and kiss right now and sit down and read a story together. Love, grammy