Monday, July 19, 2010

Still Waiting

No news on the Shanghai front. Mom is still here, and still beautifully helpful. The sun now shines every day in a blue sky (we're blaming the Expo), and so we've plans to visit the pool every day this week. Dave has not been laid-off, nor has he been offered a new job. And the diet goes well - I dropped 1.2 kg. this week!

The waiting game continues to frustrate us, simply as we have trouble finding peace with not knowing our future. Should we be working toward something else? Should he work on Mandarin until eventually being called, even if it is later than this winter?

It is often through worship on Sunday afternoons that I receive some of that craved peace. This week, we sang Rebecca St. James' "Power of Your Love," and I found her chorus a very timely prayer:
Hold me close,
Let Your love surround me.
Bring me near,
Draw me to Your side;
And as I wait
I'll rise up like an eagle
And I will soar with You.
Your spirit leads me on
By the Power of Your love.
I leaned over to Dave, and whispered that we should pray for such a lovely waiting period.

No comments: