Monday, December 10, 2012

News!

So much has happened this weekend!

The top story, of course, is that Hugo Chavez is dying of cancer and has named his successor.  Big news!  This speaks volumes about the stability in Venezuela over the next few years.  That he will likely not be the president is a little scary - although the possibility has been there all along.  That he has named a successor and voiced support for the democratic process and the constitution's protocol could actually lead toward a calm transition.  Such interesting times!

In much lesser news, Dave and I got an insane amount done this weekend.  My in-laws swooped in for a quick weekend visit, cared for our kids all day yesterday, and we were reminded how much two adults can accomplish in a day without any children.  We crossed everything off of our to do list, enjoyed a tasty lunch and a delicious dinner out, and neither of us got a headache in the process.  Such fun!

We purchased all of our Consumables yesterday, in a massive buy at the warehouse store nearby.  We filled up 3 carts and the entire back of our mini-van.  We overspent our budget.  And we do not plan on buying paper towels again for the next 2 years.

Dave tests on Wednesday.  Should he fail the test, we won't pack out on Friday.  So, he's spending the next few days thinking, eating and breathing in Spanish.  I'm spending the next few days organizing and cleaning the things in my house, and putting bottles of shampoo into Ziplok bags for safe shipping.  We'll also be celebrating Sophia's 6th birthday - but this year, I bought the birthday cake.

I look at my weekly calendar, and I can't believe we're already here.  Within the week, total craziness begins.  And I've got to admit - I'm really excited.

No comments: