Friday, October 11, 2013

A Fresh New Day

I woke feeling much more relaxed this morning.

Yesterday was a hard day, where I focused on what we didn't have.  Not having a decision made me tense.  Not having more space made me edgy.  Not having nice weather made me feel cooped up.

This morning is better.  Both Lilly and Sophia have playdates scheduled for today.  We sleep in a bigger place tonite, where Dave and I have not only a bedroom to ourselves but can also enjoy a living room and a balcony without sleeping kids.  Ah, the luxury!

Amusingly, I had an action adventure dream last night where we were caught up in international intrigue and had to dramatically leave the country under the support of our friends at the embassy.  It was much more dramatic within the dream that in real life.

I have very little of import to share, and am blogging more to journal than to share information.  I enjoy keeping the story live.

For our next post, the options are now down to two - and the decision making seems entirely out of our hnads.  We simply wait to hear where we will go next and when.  There is something nice about this, leaving us space to simply pray on it and trust in God's control rather than my own judgment.

At this point, we have two options on the table.  We will be happy with either option.  But they will have dramatically different impacts on our life for the next few years - not only in location but in the major choices we will make about how our family functions.

So, today we wait again.  We wait to know what kind of car we need and what kind of future we have in store.  And I pray a lot, to feel peace that God has a perfect place prepared for each of us.   We have seen God answer this prayer so many times and I have faith that our next place will be good.

No comments: