Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Wonder Center

Last you read, I was filled with hope and excitement after my tour of The Wonder Center, the preschool I have chosen for L-- to attend this fall. It turns out that although my excitement at the school itself is certainly still deserved, my hopes at L-- attending are beginning to fail. It turns out that the school only opened its doors a few months ago. With a goal of serving 30 students, the class is only about 10 large right now and the teacher is aiming for sustainable growth. She also wants an even distribution of children at each age and ability level, including some children for whom English is not their primary language and some children with learning disabilities. This should be a wonderfully diverse small school, but makes L--'s chances of attending in the fall that much slimmer.



We're putting all of our eggs in one basket here. After viewing this school, I realized that I can't bear to send her to any of the other options available to us. Our plan is to put her on the waiting list at The Wonder Center if she is not enrolled immediately, and hope that she can attend by January.



We will continue to pray about this, and ask that you add this decision to your prayer list as well. I really do feel like we're in a bind.

No comments: