Wednesday, April 02, 2008

A Few Updates

The Wonder Center - I've contacted the teacher, and she plans to send out notifications next week. Please keep this on your prayer lists until then!

FaceBook - A new friend invited me to join Facebook and be one of her friends. I've not been particularly interested in joining online networking communities, but decided that in the interest of furthering this burgeoning friendship, I would join. And oh my goodness, what a find! It seems that everyone I know is in Facebook! Its as if Christopher Columbus landed in the Americas and discovered that most of his pals from high school had been there for years! Do feel free to add me as your friend, but I'm finding that the site works wildly slowly so forgive me if I'm slow or strainge in response to you.

Travel Plans - This Friday is China's Tomb Sweeping Day, a traditional festival newly made into a national holiday. With the day off of work, we are traveling. About 2 weeks ago, we decided to head toward Kyoto, Japan and experience the wonders of their cherry blossoms in full bloom. We bought the rather expensive, non-refundable tickets and then began searching for a hotel room. Apparently, we are not the only people desiring to view Japan's national flower blooming for only 2 weeks in its most beautiful city. Quite literally, not one room is available in Kyoto or the surrounding cities. Hiroshima is only a few hour ride away on the bullet train, so Thursday through Monday will see our family in Japan.

Upon our return, I hope to have updates on most of these updates.

Happy Tomb Sweeping Day!

No comments: