Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Wondering about The Wonder Center

To refresh your memories, I hope for L-- to begin school this fall. I looked at many schools in our area, and found only one that met my qualifications. Those qualifications are 1: small class size, 2: part-time, 3: mixed-age class with L-- one of the youngest children, 4: focus on learning through play. The first three qualifications I feel are necessary for my specific daughter to thrive in a group environment - she is becoming fiercely shy. The last I feel is important, for my daughter no more or less than any child.

I felt discouraged until I found The Wonder Center. I love the teacher and I love the school. Another qualification is that L-- must have a short commute to school each morning, and I am willing to move for us to meet this qualification in this school.

I put all of my eggs in The Wonder Center's basket, applying to only one school. This is a very small school - currently under 20 students. The teacher seeks a balanced classroom, with an appropriate mix of ages, first languages and learning abilities. Even though she was still accepting applications when I put mine in, I don't expect this school to accept children on a first-come first-served basis.

And it has now been a few weeks since I have heard anything.

I am growing nervous, sometimes waking at night thinking about this.

If L-- is not accepted into The Wonder Center, I worry about her social skills developing appropriately. She currently spends most of her playtime with children a year or more younger than her, because the older children we know are all in school full-time. She is becoming more withdrawn in social settings. She is a sparkling, bright, imaginative and loving little girl and I want to see her learn to show these traits to other people.

Please add this to your prayer list:
- that L-- be accepted to The Wonder Center
- that if L-- is not accepted to The Wonder Center, that we can trust that God has a good alternative planned for her

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your prayer request. We'll certainly be praying!

Anonymous said...

We will be praying about this with you guys. It was so good to talk to you on Saturday . . . but it does make us miss you all even more, in some ways. Hope you all know how incredibly much you are loved by dad & me. Hope you have a wonderful time in Japan! Love you so much. mom