Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Fifteen Minutes of Local Fame

I've been published!

Its a minor publication, I know, to an extremely niche market.  But Shanghai Family Magazine is widely read among the expat family population in Shanghai.  Stories on family travel, where to shop, and how to stay healthy interest most of the parents who have relocated to this city.  And with a story among its pages, I'm realizing just how popular the magazine really is.  And this attention loving woman is really enjoying having people approach me with praise on seeing my name in print.

Is this going to my head?  Absolutely!

Interestingly, although I feel much more confident in my writing ability, the magazine seems more interested in me as a photographer and actually has me shooting for other stories in the April and May issues.  If they'd pay me, I could use this to justify the purchase of a new camera!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great, Lynne! Congratulations! Love you. mom

Karoline said...

You mean, the first 15 minutes of fame...I'm sure there will be more!

I especially liked the intro.