Tuesday, September 06, 2011

The Race

I hate to admit it, but I was looking forward to school starting this year.  I was looking forward to joining a routine again, and having some time to myself.  How quickly I forget what the school year actually looks like.  This morning, we began the race which will continue until next June.

Lilly and Sophia both start school at 9:00am.  Their schools are 20 minutes apart.

Sophia finishes school at noon.

Within this small window, I try to fit in an hour and a half at the gym and an errand of some sort.  This morning, the errand was running home to take a quick shower.

Annika fell asleep on the way home from school - a good 15 minute nap.  She's supposed to take a 2 hour nap in the afternoon, which I've only just put her down for now - at 2:45.  But I need to get her up again by 3:15 so that we can walk over to Lilly's school for afternoon pick-up.  And today, that walk will be in the rain.

I'm not particularly downtrodden about the day - the girls seem happy enough, so I'm happy enough.  Well, poor Annika is not very happy, stuck up in her crib even though she's not tired.  But I am becoming fully aware that this school year will bring me little, if any, time to myself.

No comments: