Saturday, August 09, 2014

Lazy Saturday

Dave had to work this morning, and so we took a lazy Saturday morning.



I'm not really the lazy Saturday morning type.  In previous lives, Saturdays fill me with energy.  I have Dave around to keep me company and to help with the kids, to corral them and make a whole outing worthwhile.  On Saturdays we explore or hike or socialize.  We are out of the house.

But this week has been long, and yesterday was exhausting.  I'm opening the curtains for everyone by 7:00am every day to make sure our bodies stay ready for school, and that we keep our early morning momentum going.  The bus will arrive around 6:30 every morning.  Yesterday we had two playdates and a preschool visit.  And we learned that in Jakarta, a family simply can not pack that many things into a day.  We spent over 3 hours in the car and had to grab lunch at a restaurant and drag the girls with us to the school visit because of the traffic here. 

So today, I stayed in bed as long as I wanted to, reading the New York Times and just enjoying how snuggly and comfy I felt.  The girls spent the morning with Captain Crunch and the computer, and everyone was happy.  By the time I broke out the coffee and the homemade bread for my breakfast, they were ready for second breakfast - because no one can turn down homemade bread.

On tap for the afternoon - bake chocolate chip cookies, and take them down to the pool where we'll meet up with another family and hang out with pizza, beer and chocolate chip cookies until its time to throw the kids in bed.  A perfect lazy Saturday.

No comments: