Friday, February 08, 2013

Censored!

Today, someone at the embassy asked me to remove a post.  How very dramatic for me!  He was uncomfortable with a few things about it, but primarily that I did something illegal.

And oh, I love this Venezuelan law!

To stay within the law, a person must only discuss one exchange rate.  The exchange rate.  According to the law, Venezuela only has one exchange rate.

Far be it from me to break the law.

But if you're interested, check out paragraph two in this article from The Economist.

That article is already out of date, though.  Just today, the Venezuelan government increased the fixed rate of their currency.  Guesses on the impact?  Projected rises in prices, possibly some inflation, and... well, nothing else that I'm going to discuss.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha, I can guess who that was...DG!