Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Tonight's Groceries

I went to the grocery store this evening.  It had been over a week since I last shopped, so my list was long.  Now, this is Venezuela long - not United States long.  There were no veggie burgers on the list, or graham crackers.  Just multiples of many of the items. 

My list was 17 items long.

Here is what was missing from the shelves, and therefore my final bill tonight:
chicken
ground beef
frozen peas
apple juice
cheese triangles
paper towels
kleenexes

Also missing was flour and sugar, but those are not even of note anymore.  I've stocked up via Amazon and only look to keep my stock healthy.

The good news is that I had milk on my list - 3 different varieties.  Semidescremada is near 2%, and La Pastoreña's is the one my kids will drink;  completa is whole milk and leche condensada should be a good substitute for cream in homemade sauces.  Finding one of the three is hit or miss, especially when I'm being brand specific.  The trifecta was amazing!  We loaded up - 33 liters of the drinking milk.  It'll be gone in less than a month.

No comments: