Monday, November 12, 2007

Cohabitation

Dave has never had his own room. One of 5 children, with both an older and a younger brother, Dave went from sleeping in the boys' room at home, to the dorms in college, straight to the marital bed. He's never had a space purely his own, and he thinks it made him who he is today. Laid back, generous and able to sleep through anything.

As the only girl, I always had my own room. I've always been able to close the door and keep my brothers out. I never had to listen to anyone snoring, or deal with lights going on and off while I slept. And Dave thinks it made me who I am today. Snotty, stubborn, and a very bad roommate.

And so our girls share a room.

I've given in, but I'll admit I'm not on board. I'm just waiting for the grand experiment to fail.

We're still in the trial stages. But so far, S-- has stopped sleeping through the night and they've both skipped more naps than I care to contemplate.

We have a 3-bedroom apartment, so they could have their own rooms. But we highly value keeping a guest room (hint, hint). Plus, their room looks mighty cute with their two little cribs in their opposite corners.

So sometimes poor S-- camps out in the guest room.

I'm still doubtful that this is a good idea.

No comments: