Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Hiring Process, part 3

It's a hit, and we're holding on 1st.

Ayi Jen came over on Monday evening while I fixed dinner for the girls. She played with S--, who loved her. She interacted with L--, who did not run away screaming. These are both good signs. As I finished dinner, she kept both girls happy and occupied. As the girls were occupied, she pick up the living room.

I hired her on the spot.

She starts December 17th.

I suppose its still possible that she'll turn out to be a dud, so we won't call it a homerun yet. We'll be running the bases for a few weeks making sure that she's a good fit. But I feel really good about her. I like her, and she kept herself very busy the whole time she was here. She speaks very little English, and the Chinese she speaks fluently is not the Chinese that I'm learning. But she reads well, and the internet is full of translation vehicles.

No comments: