Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Screw Sentimentality

Writing that last post made me start thinking about all of the things I'm looking forward to in the states. And yeah, seeing friends and family will be great. But oh my gosh, I can't wait to...

- visit restaurants that will provide a functional highchair

- do an entire, full-sized load of laundry in only 2 hours

- feel safe crossing the street

- feel my children are safe riding in a car

- listen to current, uncensored news

- oh my gosh, listen to NPR!

- get a haircut

- visit the library

- visit public parks (I hear the midwest is beautiful this time of year)

- expect a public bathroom to come stocked with toilet paper

And I'm sorry Mom, but I am not washing a single dish while I'm at home. Oh man, that alone sounds like heaven!

No comments: