Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Shopping in Bangkok

I'm not a big shopper.

But I am, as it turns out, a sucker for a great skirt.

Now, I'm not talking Runway-Great or Name-Brand-Great. I mean a skirt that makes my body look fantastic.

Flare skirts made their way back in style during pregnancy #1, and lasted through pregnancy #2. But now I'm seeing "pencil" in the magazines again and I'm beginning to worry.

But in Bangkok, those women have it right. Loads of women showed off their thin waists and their curves in short flare skirts. With fantastic little boutiques in the markets and with beautiful pieces at amazing prices (and I'm talking Old-Navy-Amazing, not Designer-Discount-Amazing), I marched right along with them.

I didn't fall in love with Bangkok while there, but now I'm itching to go back for a weekend of shopping.

No comments: