Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What a Whiner

We fly home to tomorrow.

No, that's not right. Shanghai is home right now. We fly to the states tomorrow.

I have so looked forward to this trip.
To being surrounded by family and friends.
To being able to read everything I see.
To being able to talk to anyone I wish.
To being able to understand simple instructions.
To being able to drive.
To having babysitters.
To shopping for clothes.
To eating pizza and cheeseburgers and Mexican food.

But as I'm now so close, I'm feeling overwhelmed.

We will spend no more than a few days in any given place.
We will have precious little time to ourselves.
We will have more people to see than we have time to give.
We will not want to end every single conversation.
We will be exhausted.
Our girls will be surrounded by people who know them, but who they don't remember.
They will be exhausted.

And I don't think I will want to leave again.

Tomorrow we are going home.

No comments: